Background

Friday, March 27, 2015

Day 25


When I was initially asked to come and be a guest at one of our schools to teach a writing lesson, I thought I would be teaching a classroom of children.  "Of course," was my response!  Then I discovered that I really would be teaching all the students.  I will have to say that I was shaking in my boots.  I don’t remember ever teaching 80+ kids at one time, and this had me completely scared.  I lost sleep, had intense nerves, and even felt sick as I walked into the school.  Well, I quickly discovered that all of this worry was certainly unjustified.  I got to work with the most awesome group of kids ever.  The students entered the cafeteria with smiles on their faces that looked eager to learn and engage.  I immediately realized I was going to be okay.  The students really amazed me with their ability to identify a meaningful problem, collaborate, and compose.   These students made an impact on me, and I only hope that I impacted them a little.  What an amazing day!

1 comment:

  1. I am grateful you endured all the stress leading up to the fabulous lesson you presented to our students. Thank you for sharing your time, experience, and wisdom. You are featured on my blog today!

    ReplyDelete