Background

Monday, March 9, 2015

March 9 Day 9

 QUOTE OF THE DAY

“You learn to write by writing. It’s a truism, but what makes it a truism is that it’s true. The only way to learn to write is to force yourself to produce a certain number of words on a regular basis.” –William Zinsser in On Writing Well.

This quote is so true.  While I do not feel like I am getting better at writing from participating in this blog, it is making me more aware of the struggles writers face when writing.  It also makes me aware of word choice, mechanics, etc.

I am so thankful for my friends and colleagues as they support me through this journey! I want to be a better writer! I had a teacher say to me today,  "Not everyone can be a gifted writer..." I know this is not true! It may take some of us longer to get there than other! That is all!!

1 comment: